Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information, such as the following, from you when you:
- Register an account. In order to use certain features of our Services, you may be required to register an account. When you create an account with us, we collect your identifiers, such as your name and email address. We may also collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, job title, department, and your contact information at the company. We collect this information so that we may create and manage your online user account and contact you if needed. We also collect this information so that we may populate the Services.
- Claim A License. If you are the owner of a state issued Cannabis or Hemp license, you have the option to claim your license listing within the Services and unlock access to the license listings in your State or region. This allows you to verify your license information including your state license ID, address, email, and phone number. In addition, you can add/update contacts for your license including name, title, address, email, and phone number. We use this License Information to improve the size and quality of our database. In exchange for opting in to the Services and providing us with information, you receive a subscription to the Services at no charge under specified terms and conditions (available at https://cannabiz.media/subscription-agreement/). Any Contact added to the Services may request to be removed at any time, via email or web form. We promptly honor such requests.
- Register for a demo or a webinar. When you register for a demo or a webinar to learn more about our Services, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and phone number. We will also collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, your job title, department, and your contact information. We collect this information so that we can contact you and keep an internal record of attendees and those interested in our Services.
- Participate in a survey. When you participate in one of our surveys, we collect your identifiers such as your name, email address, and account name. We also process your commercial information such as your past subscriptions to our Services and inferences about these categories of information, so that we can facilitate our survey and send you surveys that are most appropriate.
- Contact Us. When you contact us by phone or email, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, phone number, and email address, and any other information you would like to share with us. If available, we also collect your internet activity information, like your IP address. We collect this information so that we can communicate with you concerning your questions and comments, troubleshoot where necessary, diagnose technical and service problems, and address any issues you have with our Site or Services and provide personalized customer service support.
- When we contact you. When we contact you, we collect your identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect your professional or employment information like the name of the company you represent, job title, department, and contact information. We also may collect your Cannabis or Hemp state license identification number and other information related to your license, like whether your status is active. We collect this information so that we can build our Services.
- Apply for employment. When you apply for employment, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and home address. We collect your professional and employment information, such as your prior employment. We also collect your education information, like the schools you attended, and any other information you decide to share with us. We collect this information so that we may communicate with you and assess your qualifications for the position for which you applied.
- Sign up to receive blog posts. When you sign up to receive our blog posts, we collect identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect this information so that we can share our blogs with you.
- Purchase a subscription to our Services. If you purchase a subscription-based service, we collect your identifiers such as your name and billing address. We also collect your financial information to facilitate your payment. Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, cardholder’s name, card expiration date and security code), is processed by Stripe and QuickBooks and not maintained on our Site. You may wish to review Stripe and QuickBooks privacy policies and contact them if you have any questions about their privacy practices. More information can be found at: https://stripe.com/privacy and https://www.intuit.com/privacy/.
- When we market to you. When we send you marketing communications, we process your identifiers such as your name and email address so that we may send you relevant information and keep you informed of products and services in which you might be interested.
- When you provide a testimonial. When you provide a testimonial, we may post customer testimonials on our Site, which may contain the customer's name. We always get consent from the customer prior to posting any testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- To Maintain and improve our business, Site, and Services. To maintain and improve our overall business, to understand our customer base, track user movements on our Site, enhance the services we provide and administer our Site, and improve Site usability, we may process your identifiers such as your name and contact information. We may also process your commercial information such as your subscription history, and internet activity information, like your IP address, or we may aggregate your Personal Information,
- With Your consent. We will notify you and request consent to use your Personal Information for any purpose materially different from the purposes disclosed herein
Information we collect automatically through your use of our Services
- When you visit our Site or interact with the Services, we automatically process your identifiers such as your IP address, your location, and your internet activity information like your usage data and browsing actions. We may also process the type of device, operating system, and technical data about your equipment.
- Log data. Our servers automatically record certain information sent by your web browser, such as your web page or resource request, your IP address, your referring/exit URLs, your web browser type and operating system, and the date and time of your request.
We collect this information using cookies and similar tools to enable the functionality of our Site and Services, to assess and improve our Site and Services. For more information on cookies, see the section below titled “What Cookies We Use And Why”.
- Social media widgets. Our Site and Services include social media features, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter widgets. These features may collect identifiers about you such as your IP address and your internet activity information such as which pages you visit on our Site. Your interactions with those features and their use of the information collected are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
For more information on your choices with respect to information collected through cookies and similar technologies, see Your Choice With Respect To Your Personal Information below.
- Using email in the Services. When using the Services and adding a distribution List or creating an email within the email Services, we may access the data on your list and the information in your email. When you send an email marketing campaign, it bounces from server to server as it crosses the Internet. Along the way, server administrators can read what you send. Email was not built for confidential information. Please do not use the email Services to send confidential information. Sometimes we review the content of our subscribers’ email campaigns to make sure they comply with our Subscription Agreement. To improve that process, we have software that helps us find email campaigns that may violate our Subscription Agreement. We may review those particular email campaigns. This benefits all subscribers who comply with our Terms of Service because it reduces the amount of spam being sent through our servers and helps us maintain high deliverability. Cannabiz will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual about whom the information pertains. Cannabiz will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
Information Provided by Third Parties
- We collect your identifiers like your name and contact information from government, non-profit organizations and other third party companies. We also collect information about your state Cannabis or Hemp license like your state identification number, whether your status is active, the name of the company you represent, and company address. We collect this information so that we can update our Services.
- When you post comments or interact on Social media, for example, by responding to our blog, we see your comments and identifiers such as your social media handle.
- When you log in with Google, or connect a Google account, we may receive information such as your unique Google ID, email, and name.
What Cookies We Use and Why
- Required: These cookies are required for making use of the Services. These cookies include security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use, and protect user data from unauthorized parties as well as session cookies that remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Services.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. All of the information these cookies collect is aggregated. These cookies are not essential to use our Site. However, if you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Other trackers. Our Site contains electronic images known as “web beacons” (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
You may choose to integrate Cannabiz Media with third party systems, including Gmail or personal email systems using SMTP or API connections.
Google Gmail Integration
If you use the Google Gmail integration or choose to integrate any other Google Workspace application with Cannabiz Media, you will be asked to give us access to information from your Gmail or Google account. Cannabiz Media does not store your username and password for Gmail, but rather a secure token that allows our systems to send emails through your Gmail account. These tokens are stored in an encrypted database, and will only be used with your explicit consent. Our development team may also have access to these credentials for the sole purposes of debugging and tracing errors.
By using the Gmail integration with the Subscription Service you will grant the Subscription Service access to send emails on your behalf. Cannabiz Media will not read or store any emails from your account other than the ones you specifically send from the Subscription Service.
Additional Limits on Use of Your Google User Data
Cannabiz Media's use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
What Types of Information Does HubSpot Collect?
- Personal Data: “Personal Data” is information that, directly or indirectly, identifies you or another individual and which may include: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, email address (i.e. can be entered through a HubSpot form on the website when downloading white papers, registering for an event or webinar, or filling in a 'Get in Touch' form). Additionally, personal data may include browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you submit any Personal Data (e.g. through a HubSpot form) relating to other people to HubSpot or to HubSpot’s service providers in connection with the Site, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit HubSpot to use the information in accordance with HubSpot's Privacy Notice.
- Other Information: “Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. HubSpot uses this information to facilitate operation of the Site.
How Does HubSpot Collect Information?
HubSpot and HubSpot's service providers collect Personal Data and Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Service: HubSpot collects information through the Service, e.g., when you submit a 'Get in Touch' form, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers).
Offline: HubSpot collects information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events.
- Through You: HubSpot collects information such as your location or your preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance HubSpot's ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you through HubSpot, HubSpot obtains information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using. Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. HubSpot uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Site, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Site, and for monitoring the regions from which you navigate to HubSpot’s Site.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: "Cookies" include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Site. When you visit a HubSpot Site (i.e. a landing page hosted on HubSpot), HubSpot may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable HubSpot to store information about your device which helps HubSpot, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse HubSpot Sites and enhance the level of services and functions provided. HubSpot also uses third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest to you, based on information collected about your use of HubSpot Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar on your browser. HubSpot recognizes automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do not track’ instructions. Please review HubSpot's Cookies Policy for more information.
- By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Data does not personally identify you or any other user of the HubSpot Site (for example, HubSpot may aggregate Personal Data to calculate the percentage of HubSpot page visitors who have a particular telephone area code).
HubSpot tracks visitors using browser cookies. Every time a visitor lands on your website, HubSpot will check for the presence of an existing tracking cookie. If one does not exist, HubSpot spins up a unique cookie for that visitor and will log every page that person visits moving forward.
There are a few things to be aware of in regards to how HubSpot handles tracking cookies:
- Visitors will be tracked anonymously even before they become contacts. If and when a visitor fills out a form, HubSpot will associate their previous page views based on the tracking cookie.
- If a visitor deletes his or her cookies, he or she will be considered a new visitor and will be assigned a new cookie. However, HubSpot will automatically deduplicate form submissions coming from the same email address, even if different browser cookies were associated with the submissions.
- Since cookies are unique to a browser, if two people share a single computer, their submissions will be associated with the same contact record. This deduplication by cookie ensures that if a contact submits multiple forms on your website using different email addresses, all submissions will be associated with a single record in HubSpot since they are all from the same contact. Keep in mind that if you submit multiple test submissions from one browser with different email addresses, these submissions will overwrite each other on a single contact record in HubSpot due to the common tracking cookie. The best way to test submissions, if you don't want them to be associated with the same contact, is to test using the private browsing mode of your web browser.
HubSpot will also attribute visits to a contact if the contact clicks a link in a tracked marketing email which directs to a page with the HubSpot tracking code installed. Lastly, the Tracking Code API can also be used to track visitors in HubSpot.
How To Opt Out Of Cookies
OneTrust. We use OneTrust, a cookies management system that allows you to control cookies on our Site. You can adjust your cookie settings by navigating to the bottom of our page and clicking on the “Cookies” link. You can learn more about the specific cookies and services we use, their company’s policies, and how to further control them below.
How we Share your Personal Information
- Disclosure on our Services. We may make your identifiers (name, email, and user ID), professional or employment information (your company name, job title, department, and company contact information), and information about your state Cannabis or Hemp license, that our users contribute, information we collect from public web, or that we license from third parties, available on our Services and thus available to users of the Site, and to our customers.
- Service Providers. We share your identifiers (name, email, and user ID), commercial information (your subscription history), and internet activity information (such as your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site) with service providers that provide support services to us, such as marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, payment processors, and providers that assist us in carrying out surveys. When you make a payment through our payment portal on our Site, it is facilitated through our service provider Stripe.
- Cookies. We collect information about your Internet activity through cookies and similar tools to enable the functionality of our Site and Services and to assess and improve our Site and Services. For more information on cookies, see the section below titled What Cookies We Use And Why.
- User Access to Company Subscriber Information. You may be a user that has been provided access to the Site through your company subscription agreement. Your employer may require that one or more users have global rights to access any and all information of every user that has access through the company. If you have questions or concerns regarding the rights of other individuals in your company to access your Personal Information, and any uploaded information, or usage logs, you should raise those concerns with the appropriate person at your company.
- To prevent harm. To prevent harm, we will share your Personal Information, which may include name, email, address, phone number, and user ID, internet activity information (such as your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site), and commercial information (your subscription history), if necessary, to law enforcement personnel and agencies, to meet government security requirements, to protect our property, in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities.
- Respond to legal requests. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to process your identifiers (such as name and user ID), commercial information (your subscription history), and your internet activity information (your log data, location information, online identifier, IP address, and information regarding your interaction with our Site).
How We Store And Protect Your Personal Information
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Information is stored securely, both in electronic and physical form, and otherwise protect it from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Our employees and agents are obliged to treat any Personal Information held by us confidentially. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Your Choice With Respect To Your Personal Information
- Marketing. Cannabiz enables you to opt out of marketing communication. You may unsubscribe by emailing us or by clicking the Unsubscribe button toward the bottom of each marketing communication.
- Other communications. If you do not wish to be contacted by email, phone, or physical mail, you may request to “opt-out” of all communications from the Services. This does not delete your information, but will prevent our customers from contacting you directly, as well as set a notice for customers not to contact you. This will make sure your information is not re-added into the system. Please note that this will not opt you out of purely transactional emails and may be triggered by your interactions with our Site.
- Controlling Cookies with Your Web Browser. You may also use your web browser to enable, disable, or delete Cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your web browser. Each web browser is different and may appear differently depending on the device being used, so we encourage you to review the instructions provided by your specific web browser. Note that using your web browser to disable cookies may reduce our Site’s functionality.
Your California Rights
As of January 1, 2020, California residents also have the rights set forth below.
- You have the right to know what Personal Information we collect, use and disclose, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Know”). This right is limited to seeking information about the preceding 12 months and such a request may only be made twice in a 12-month period.
- You have the right to ask that we delete your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Delete”).
- You have the right to opt-out of Cannabiz selling your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Opt-Out”). In the preceding 12 months, Cannabiz has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a commercial purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- We have disclosed your identifiers to our clients as part of their subscription to our Services.
- We have disclosed your identifiers and financial information, including your payment information, to our payment processor for the provision of our Services.
If you are a California resident and want to submit a request to know your Personal Information, a request to delete your Personal Information, or a request to opt out of our sharing of your Personal Information, please go to https://cannabiz.media/privacy-center/. Please be advised that these rights are not absolute and are subject to some exceptions. In our response to you, should an exception exist, we will communicate which exception applies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights, nor will we deny you services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of services.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. For more information about DNT, visit donottrack.us.
This Site and our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children.
If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, you can contact us at: