We have been tracking key cannabis activities on the Cannacurio blog and this week we look at cultivation licenses issued through the first six months of the year. All year California and Oklahoma have been responsible for over 90% of the new cultivation licenses issued and that trend continued though June 30. Oklahoma rebounded from May while California has increased every month in the second quarter.
- Active cannabis cultivation licenses in the database is now 13,978
- 2,943 new cultivation licenses have been added this year
- California is up 33% while Oklahoma is up 24% YTD
- Michigan was a distant third with 140 licenses added through June but is up 68% YTD
- 91% of the new licenses were in California and Oklahoma
The table below shows the states that have issued new cultivation licenses through the end of June.
Cannabiz Media customers can stay up-to-date on these and other new licenses through our newsletters, alerts, and reports modules. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive these weekly reports delivered to your inbox. Or you can schedule a demo for more information on how to access the Cannabiz Media License Database yourself to dive further into this data.
Cannacurio is a weekly column from Cannabiz Media featuring insights from the most comprehensive license data platform. Catch up on Cannacurio posts and podcasts for the latest updates and intel.